This is just a quick heads up that I've posted the recording of this week's workshop on How to Swiftly Create a Course that Sells. You can find it and other recent workshops posted here.
Remember we have 120+ workshops online which range from 60-90 minutes on average. Most come with link-filled workbooks, and they address producing, writing, marketing, etc. You can get full access to all the recorded workshops and all the upcoming events by signing up for $20 at https://nancyfulton.gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly or you can buy them one by one for $5-$10 each.
I've made some of my workshops free because they cover topics I think every creative pro must master to thrive as a writer, producer, actor, crew member selling services, etc. I vary what's available for free, so if you have an interest in these topics, you should watch these videos soon.
The free lawyer-led legal workshops are particularly important because lawyers discuss critical topics like how to protect your work, the fundamentals of contracts, right of publicity and fair use (i.e. when you're allowed to put famous people and events in your books, screenplays, and films).
You may think you don't want to know this stuff. You absolutely do. It opens doors and creates opportunities, it also helps you side step problems and avoid litigation.
UPCOMING LIVE WORKSHOPS
REMEMBER, to attend all these workshops, sign up for $20 at https://nancyfulton.gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly
March 9 Writing Sales Copy that Sells
- There’s a trick to writing film blurbs, script descriptions, book blurbs, course descriptions and other sales copy so it sells your work. When you understand how easy it is to create this copy, what to say and how to say it, its much easier to earn a good living from your work. Furthermore, knowing how to write copy that sells actually helps you quickly create new media and services that sell easily and well. You know what people are looking for, why they want it, and that makes it much easier to give it to them.
FREE March 16 @ 7PM Enjoying a Life in Media / Paul Babin (Spielberg, Cameron, Peter Weir, Shane Black, et al)
- In this interview, Paul Babin will discuss his journey from film student to leading cinematographer to producer and certified life-coach supporting entertainment industry creatives striving for both excellence and joy in their work. If you check out Paul’s IMDB credits you’ll notice he’s worked with many of the world’s most famous directors and producers on their most astonishing films, and if you visit his website you’ll see he has continued to produce content across media while achieving a masters degree in spiritual psychology and a certification as a practicing life coach. He also has a growing number of popular meditation tools many creatives use to center themselves personally, professionally, and spiritually as they strive to spend each day well.
- In this interview we’ll talk about: The realities of creative lives in the entertainment industry. Gain insights into how leading producers and directors lead their vulnerable, sensitive, brilliant teams to do their best work. What a “people pleaser” is and why they frequently fail to joyfully thrive in the industry. Insights into getting out of your own way and stepping out of your own shadow. Why the entertainment industry sometimes tolerates difficult and dangerous personalities and how that can impact your career. The possible impact of a successful career on personal relationships, physical well-being, and your mental state. Ways to fortify yourself for the work you want to do
- Register in advance for the free Paul Babin live online workshop at:
- Note: The organizer, Nancy Fulton, will share your contact information with Paul Babin after the interview. Also, paid VIP/PROs will get free access to a recording of the workshop for future reference.
March 23 @ 7PM: Getting Your Pricing Right so Your Work Sells
- In this workshop you master skills that help you price your services, media, and products correctly so they sell well. You will learn how to find out what the price ought to be through negotiation, or market research, or redefining how your offering is packaged, described, or delivered. You will learn how to adjust the price to leave room for discounts, dealers, and affiliates, and why a price that’s too low is just as bad as a price that’s too high. You will learn how to identify when you have a pricing problem rather than a problem with what you are trying to sell. Failure to get pricing right can easily kill your creative business and your chance to be successful doing what you love. You may think the world doesn’t want what you’re selling, when they really hate the price you’re selling it at.
March 30 Podcast Wide Release on Amazon, Apple, Spotify, etc.
- In this workshop we’ll talk about how to swiftly and cheaply produce your podcast (audio drama, author reading, interview, true crime, TV Show fan podcast, et al) and how to make it available everywhere on the internet for free. You’ll learn how to generate revenue from podcasts, how to turn podcasts into great credits on IMDB, and how to help make your podcast become something Hollywood wants to license, buy, or advertise on.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Have a Great Weekend!