This is just a quick heads up that our next live workshop is on producing big budget films that require you to accept bank loans and/or investor funding. You can find full details below.
At the bottom of the page you'll find a bonus link to 40+ free novels :)
Many filmmakers aspire to be high value independent film producers, but the risks in producing this kind of content are formidable. When "development" is done correctly, it helps ensure a project will be a profitable investment of time and money. When production, post production, and distribution are handled correctly, it can give an indie filmmaker a very lucrative career for a lifetime.
This Live Workshop helps you understand the processes involved in producing films in this budget level, the risks involved and how to reduce them, the methods skilled producers use to attach the right cast and crew to their projects, and how producers acquire distribution before, during, and after production. It explores bank and investor funding options, and helps you understand the legal and financial help you need to build your projects.
Topics addressed include:
- Development: What it is and why it's critical to ensuring your film isn't a dangerous waste of time and money.
- Funding: Where money for projects at these budget levels comes from, including where to find investors and what you need to know about incentives.
- Attaching the Right Cast & Crew: Why these choices can't be guess work and how to get the advice and metrics you need to make the right decisions.
- Accounting, Legal Support, Insurance, Unions: Getting the help you need to reduce your risk and maximize the value of your project.
- Distribution: The wild west of Film Distribution, and why pre-sales are a necessity as your budget level climbs.
This workshop comes with:
- An Invitation to the May 20 @ 7pm Zoom Workshop
- Big Budget Feature Producer Plan and Checklist 500K - 5M
- Video: How to Use Film Analytics to Persuade Investors featuring Bruce Nash of The-Numbers.com
- Video: Hiring Bankable Cast and Crew using Bankability Analysis featuring Bruce Nash
- Video/Workbook: Making Back End Deals with Investors, Writers, Key Cast and Crew using CAM Accounts
- Video: How to Quickly Reach Film Investors with Jason Scoggins the COO of Slated.com
- Video/Workbook: Raising Money from Investors using Regulation CF
- Video: RightsTrade Interview Selling Your Film in 170+ Countries
- Video: Castifi: How to Hire Cast and Crew Legally Nationwide
- Video: Contract Fundamentals Video with Attorney Justin Sterling
- Video Video/Workbook Avoiding Litigation with Attorney Justin Sterling
- Video: Video Fair Use and the Right of Publicity Justin Sterling
- Video Intellectual Property Right Fundamentals
- Video: Understanding Screenplay Coverage with WeScreenplay.com
- Video: Interview with Line Producer Interview with Christina Jo Leigh Line Producer
- Workbook: Distribution via Aggregators vs Traditional Distributors
- Video: Creating Film Distribution Deliverables with Barbara Javitz
- Video: Film and TV Pre-sales Rene Leda Producers Rep Netminds Media Group
- Video: Bank Funding for Film and TV with Adrian Ward
- Video: How to Sell at Film Markets with Ilyssa Goodman
- Video: Jeff Hardy Film and Episodic Analytics and Marketing Analysis
- Video: How to Find an Audience for Film and TV Projects Media Marketing before Production Ash Greyson
- Video/Workbook: Doing Due Diligence and Not Getting Scammed
- Video/Workbook: Virtual Production Nuts Bolts and Costs - Shooting on 3D Sets
- Video/Workbook: Green Screen Fundamentals
- Video/Workbook: Avoiding Development Hell
- Video/Workbook: Making a Film or Web Series with Friends as Partners
- After the event, an edited version of the recorded workshop will be added to your library of resources.
If you have questions about these resources, email email@example.com. I look forward to being of service to you.
HOW TO SIGN UP
If you just want to sign up for the May 20 workshop go to https://gumroad.com/l/YjMtzi/fv0vb0z
If you are a VIP/PRO you already have access to all the resources and will automatically be invited to this workshop and all the additional workshops I've scheduled. Your invitations will go out by 4pm the day of the event and you'll get a reminder at 6pm. Click View Content at the bottom of the VIP/PRO signup page to access your library of resources. (You will find it at https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly). Email me if you need help accessing your resources. If you are not a VIP/PRO and want to become one for $20/month or $87/year sign up at at https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly
If you have any questions about the information in this email or any of the resources I've created, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip: Do you enjoy free novels? Check out some great mysteries, thrillers, and horror books you can get free fo a limited time at https://books.bookfunnel.com/things-that-go-bump/zatv8vx9r9