Using Facial Motion Capture to Animate Your Characters Fast and Cheap
In this workshop you learn how to swiftly and cost effectively create your characters and put words in their mouth using facial motion capture. You will find this set of skills useful for creating animated content to support your book promotions, Film/TV pitches, pre-visualization, etc. Your characters can talk to the audience and to one another, and you can place them anywhere on earth, or anywhere in the universe. Use these tools to create animated ads, animated pitch decks, animated storyboards, or to create animated productions.
Note: The techniques in this workshop rely on a free app that runs on both PC and MAC. You can create and buy thousands of customizable human models, environments, props, and clothes cheaply. During this workshop you'll learn about the few additional tools you need to get in order to animate your characters using an iPhone. If you do not have an iPhone X or better, you'll learn how you can acquire one for ~$250 you can use for character animation. It's worth mentioning that the same iPhone X can shoot 4K footage @ 24/30/60fps and 1080p @ 30/60/120/240 fps.
If you want to be able to create and animate human or humanoid characters you create without having to work with consultants, this is the workshop for you.
Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- Swiftly creating a custom character.
- Facial motion capture using an iphone.
- Animating a character's head and mouth using your captured performance.
- Creating a video to combine voice and character.
- A quick word on Realtime Animation and Virtual Production
Right after you sign up for this workshop, open the confirmation email and click VIEW CONTENT to get immediate access to:
- Live Zoom workshop invitation. An edited recording of the Zoom Presentation will be added to this list of resources within 72 hours of the live event.
- 2021 Video 3D Character Design Fundamentals in Daz Studio
- 2022 Video 3D Character Animation Fundamentals Daz Studio
- 2023 Workbook Rendering Illustrations and Storyboards in Daz3D
- Bonus: Video Primer and Workbook on Virtual Production with Unreal Engine for Time and Television Content
If you have questions about this workshop, email email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“...Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ ..interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
- You get a Live Zoom Workshop, 4 Videos, 1 Workbook