Justin Sterling is founder of The Sterling Firm, a full-service civil litigation and transactional law firm devoted to Business Law, Entertainment Law, and Personal Injury cases. The Sterling Firm is dedicated to helping clients obtain maximum compensation, achieve cost-effective legal solutions, and resolve legal conflicts efficiently. You can learn more about Justin at www.TheSterlingFirm.com and www.linkedin.com/in/justinsterlingesquire
Topics addressed in this interview include:
- Writing Unauthorized Biographies and Producing Expose Documentaries
- Incorporating Real People in Fictional Works
- Record People in the Real World Then Releasing or Selling that Video
- Defamation of the Living and the Dead
- Protecting Your Own Work Against Unauthorized Works
- Fundamental Rules Regarding Fair Use
- Use of Images and Video Clips for "Editorial" or News Use
- Use of Images, Video Clips, Author Names, or Film/Book/Product Names in Promotional Materials and Advertisements
- Why Producers ask Actors and Others to contractually approve a Producer's Right to Use Their Name and Likeness
- Posting, Promotion, and Licensing of images or footage captured in a public place (aka Individuals at Protests, etc.)
- Creating Art using Content Created by Others (collages, montages, etc)
- "Clearing Your Work" and Errors and Omissions Insurance
This recorded workshop comes with a recorded workshop with Justin Sterling on Contract Fundamentals for Entrepreneurs and Producers.
Disclaimer: This information are provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No attendee should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information discussed in this workshop without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
If you have questions about this material, please email email@example.com.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.