How to Write a Memoir or Biography Swiftly
This recorded workshop teaches you how to write a memoir or biography quickly. Bonus resources you get right after order cover Copyright and Right of Publicity.
Tip: You can find a large library of in-depth recorded workshops on film development, funding, and distribution, as well as book publishing, and selling expert services at https://nancyfultonmeetups.uscreen.io/catalog
Topics covered in this workshop on writing true life stories include:
- Why memoirs, biographies, and true life stories often have significant emotional, historical, and financial value.
- How to swiftly and accurately gather the historical facts you need to write your book.
- How to conduct interviews with family, friends, and other experts to collect stories that make your work unique, and uniquely sellable.
- How to use a modified version of the interview process to collect your own stories and insights swiftly and with far less typing.
- How to quickly and very cost-effectively turn several hours of interviews into many pages of written text you can incorporate into your book.
- How recording interviews can make your work easier to sell from a variety of perspectives.
- Finding the themes and through lines that will make your book a great read that is also easy to market.
- How to incorporate great images and artwork into your book so it sells better and people like it more.
- How to swiftly and very cost-effectively get your book edited and formatted for publication.
- Acquiring a cover for your book that makes it look and sell better.
- How a lawyer can help you navigate issues of privacy, defamation, copyright, and work-for-hire agreements that may come up as you write your book.
Tip: If you are a documentary filmmaker working on biographical, true story, or rippped-from-the-headlines projects, you can follow these steps to prep for producing your project, to collect video interviews, and to create a companion book to your film project in order to maximize revenues.
Immediately after order, open the confirmation email and click View Content to get:
- A PDF with the live Zoom meeting details. You will also receive reminders on the day of the event.
- A Bonus Recorded Workshop on Copyright featuring Attorney Paul Levine.
- A Bonus Recorded Workshop on Right of Publicity featuring Attorney Justin Sterling.
Some of the 50+ Testimonials for Nancy Fulton Workshops on Alignable
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“...Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ ..interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
- You Get a Live Workshop and 2 Supporting Videos on Copyright and Law and the Right of Publicity.