If you don't know what's involved in producing a profitable film, documentary, or web series, you'll find this recorded workshop, step-by-step workbook, and additional resources very important.
When you decide to produce a project, you take on a number of important legal and professional obligations you must meet in order to protect yourself, your investors, your producing partners, cast, crew, and distribution partners.
Tip: If you are actively looking to sell your project to a producer, or want to hire a producer to make a film for you, you will find this workshop even more important. It can help you protect yourself and your work from those who are producers in name only. Inept and dishonest producers can cost you control of your intellectual property or involve you in litigation, and the only way to know if a producers is competent is to know what their position obligates them to do.
Topics covered include:
- The legal obligations a producer takes on when they decide to produce a project and what happens when they don’t meet those obligations.
- A list of the tasks a producer needs to complete in order to get an indie film, short, or web series developed, packaged, produced, distributed, and marketed.
- Suggestions that will help new film producers find funding, attach cast and crew, produce, distribute, and market their project.
- The difference between union and non-union productions and how that difference impacts your work.
- A checklist of tasks producers can work through to budget, fund, produce, distribute, market, and monetize their projects with links to relevant resources.
Immediately after purchase, you get the following workbooks and videos:
- What's a Producer to Do Video & Workbook
- Producing the 10K Feature Film or Documentary Workbook & Video
- Producing the $1M Feature Film Workbook & Video
- How to Hire People Legally Video featuring Quentin Frismand, Castifi
- Critical Entertainment Industry Tax Fundamentals featuring Danny Sioni / CPSTAXPros
- The What's a Producer to Do Live Online Workshop will be recorded and added to this library within 24 hours of the live event.
Questions? Please reach out to email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
50+ Testimonials on Alignable.com http://bit.ly/2JVXy9B
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico