JULY 15 @ 7PM Option, Shopping & Life Rights Agreements with Attorney Paul S. Levine
In this audio-only workshop for authors, screenwriters, producers, and individuals with very important stories to tell learn about the three key kinds of agreements that Hollywood uses to buy stories, books, screenplays, life stories, and first person accounts of important events for incorporation into films, documentaries, and TV series.
If you create media for a living, you can’t afford to miss this workshop. Attorney Paul S. Levine has been working with producers, writers, and studios to buy, sell, protect, and secure intellectual property for almost forty (40) years. He has specific experience in helping creative pros build and protect high-value creative content. As a seasoned litigation attorney who has represented authors, screenwriters, indie producers, and studios, he has exceptional expertise in intellectual property contracts, negotiations, and protection. He has worked with producers to establish production companies, to license and sell their media to distributors, and served as advisor for those creating books, screenplays, films, and episodic media about real people and important events. To learn more about Paul, visit www.paulslevine.com.
Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- What an Option Agreement for a screenplay or book is, and why it’s details are critical for both writers and producers.
- Why a $1 Option is a mistake for both writers and producers, and why off-the-shelf Option Agreements can be an expensive mistake for either or both parties in a transaction.
- What an Option Agreement is from the perspective of the Writer’s Guild, and what issues need to be addressed when optioning a script from a WGA member.
- What a Shopping Agreement is, how it differs from an Option Agreement, and why those differences are absolutely critical for book authors, screenwriters, and producers.
- What a Shopping Agreement is and how it differs from Agency Representation or a Managers Agreement, and why those details are very important.
- What a Life Rights Agreement is and why producers often need one when they are writing true life stories or are creating media “based on true events”.
- Some of the specific issues that are critical to address and negotiate in Shopping and Option agreements and why they can have long term impacts on creative careers and the value of books, films, and other media people create.
- How poorly negotiated Life Rights Agreements can make it impossible for someone to tell an important story.
- This will be one of the most interesting and important workshops you attend if you are an author, screenwriter, filmmaker, television producer, so you are someone with a very important story to tell.
Along with this live workshop you get instant access to:
- Video: Copyright & Work-for-Hire Fundamentals Workshop featuring Paul Levine. This is an important workshop for writers, screenwriters, and producing selling content they create, and hiring writers, editors, and others to create content with and for them.
If you have questions about this workshop, please email email@example.com.
- A Live Workshop on Option, Shopping, and Life Rights Agreements & a Recorded Workshop on Copyright & Work For Hire