This set of resources is designed to help new and stalled Filmmakers understand the process by which films with budgets ~$1M to $10M are safely and swiftly developed, packaged, funded, produced, and distributed.
It will also be of use to anyone making a film between $100K and $1M, if they need to raise money from investors, hire SAG actors, or work with any of the other unions.
Screenwriters who want to understand what they can do to make their films more attractive to producers, and Actors who want to understand what makes them "bankable" should also purchase this recorded workshop.
This workshop comes with more than 15 hours of video and many in-depth workbooks which are listed below.
To get this resource, just click I Want This, provide your email address and payment information, then click View Content in the confirmation email.
- How to fully secure the rights to produce a film based on a script
- How (and why) you must to attach name talent to your project for films at this budget level
- Where to find investors and how to convince them to put money into your film
- How to get an accurate shooting schedule and production budget
- Getting financial forecasts investors and lender will believe
- How to guarantee your film has distribution in the US & Worldwide
- How to avoid "development hell" which can tie up your time and resources for years without ever generating a film that produces money.
- How to ensure your film will get through agents and managers to the talent you need to book.
- What you need to know about location rebates
- How shooting your film on digital stages can significantly reduce your costs
- Creating special FX quickly and cost effectively
- How to Do Due Diligence to Avoid Getting Scammed
- New Producer Issues, Options, and Liabilities in the Covid-19 Era
Access to These Supporting Videos, Workbooks & Other Resources Provided Immediately After Order
- A step-by-step $1M+ Film Blueprint Workbook that covers everything from script acquisition, budgeting, creating shooting schedules, working with SAG, to setting up your production company, acquiring distribution, applying for and getting state rebates, funding through investment and loans, distribution, and creating back end deals.
- How to Casting Name Talent Workbook
- Making Movies with Digital Sets, Real Actors, and Digital Characters Cost Effectively
- Raising Money From Investors using Regulation D and Regulation CF Investment Video & Workbook
- Intellectual Property Video & Workbook
- How to Work with a Professional Line Producer Video
- How to Work with a Professional Cinematographer Video
- How to Work with Sales Agents & Producers Reps
- Foreign Rights Sales & Selling Your Film through Film Markets Video
- Contract Fundamentals Video
- Avoiding Litigation Video
- How to Get Production Insurance and Completion Bonds Video
- Avoiding Development Hell Video & Workbook
- How to Get Paid (And Pay Others) on Back End Deals Video
- Doing Due Diligence
Note from Nancy:
I created this wokshop and set of materials because I’ve seen many filmmakers make mistakes that cost them thousands (and hundreds of thousands) of dollars, many years of wasted time, and incredible frustration. I’ve heard their stories of how they got taken by scam artists, watched them damage their careers by losing their industry credibility, and I've seen them give up control of their finished films to people who gave them literally nothing in return. Even folks with years in the industry, MFAs, degrees from Film School need a primer on the financial route a project takes from script to screen. If you attend this event, you’ll leave with a solid understanding what’s been holding you back and with a variety of ways to move your work forward.
Nancy Fulton has taught for UCLA and the Art Institute and has been producing media and supporting creative professionals from a business and technical perspective for more than 25 years.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the filmmaking community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slideshows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico